I

Background

Friday, June 30, 2017

God's Hand In Nature

Did you think I deserted the blog? I am happy to announce that I have been pain free this past week! I am now a fan of dry needling, and am grateful to my orthopedic surgeon for diagnosing my back and thigh pain. I can now sit at the computer for short periods of time, so here I am.

The most beautiful things in life truly are free: a child's laughter, the blaze of color in a sunset, the love of family and friends. God has supplied us with so many amazing things!

 As I was walking this morning I concentrated on nature as I usually do on walks. However this time something was different, a bit sweeter. I haven't been able to walk for several weeks and I guess I missed it. I found myself so full of joy at being able to walk and play with the dogs. Joy at the beautiful blue sky. Blue is my favorite color and I often point out the specific shade of medium blue in portions of the sky to God, because that is my all time most favorite shade of blue. This morning, I saw a couple of blue birds too, which I don't see too often. I took in deep breaths of the clean country air, thoroughly enjoying the smell. I wondered at all the flowers my husband has planted in the yard and around the front pasture. I praised God for the lush green grass that we're able to enjoy, the birds singing, the dogs and the neighbor's horses playing the fields across the road. Nature is truly a marvelous blessing. No offense to city dwellers, but I'm so glad that I live in the country, for me, it is perfect. The wonderful clean taste of well water after our walk just added to my joy for all that God has created in nature. You know, he really is the consummate artist. I can not fathom how anyone can spend time on our planet, and think this was all created in any way other than by intelligent design. I see God's hand everywhere in nature.

 My prayer is for you to take some time this week to "smell the roses" and enjoy God's magnificent creation. When I came back inside from my walk, I looked for scripture relating to nature to share with you all.

 In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him. The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land. Psalm 95: 4-5 

 Listen to this, Job; stop and consider God's wonders. Do you know how God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash? Do you know how the clouds hang poised, those wonders of him who has perfect knowledge? Job 37: 14-16 

 The heavens declare the glory of God, the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Psalm 19:1

How many are your works, LORD! In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures. There is the sea, vast and spacious, teeming with creatures beyond number - living things both large and small. Psalm 104:24-25 

 The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my chosen. Isaiah 43:20