- The purpose of this lesson is to make us aware of how demons work in our lives and in the world so that we can avoid giving them a foothold.
- Two errors about the Devils. One is to disbelieve in their existence. The other is to believe, and to feel an excessive and unhealthy interest in them.
- The Paranormal is attractive and has become normal in our society
- The Paranormal teaches of faults gospel, makes promises you cannot keep and will always bring people into bondage and confusion.
- Satan masquerades as an angel of Light
- Only Jesus Christ can set us free. Only in Jesus can we know the purpose for our lives. Only in Jesus can we experience lasting peace. And only in Jesus can we truly know the truth
- Occult divination claims to predict the future
- Spiritualism seeks to communicate with the Dead (Believers are warned not to tolerate mediums and spiritualists. God condemn Saul for Consulting a witch. God speaks of the foolishness of Consulting mediums and the dead when we serve a living God.)
- Satanism glorifies evil. Satanists worship Satan as their lord and live their lives openly opposed to Christianity
- Scripture tells us demons can cause illness, Agony, loss of the ability to speak, and pain.
- As Spiritual Beings demons are intelligent, vicious, unclean, with power to afflict men with physical hurt, and moral and spiritual contamination.
- New Testament writers continually affirmed both that demons exist and that they are active in the world James 2:19, Luke 9:42, Matthew 25:41.
- Daniel 10:13 and 10:20, demonic intervention delayed an answer for Daniel
- Paul is not interested in every aspect of the Demonic organizational chart, rather, he wants Believers in Christ to know the power and organization of the enemy so that "we are not ignorant of his designs" 2 Corinthians 2:11
- Spiritual warfare - Paul mentions these weapons to help you battle:
- A spiritual stronghold is an idea, a thought process, a habit, or an addiction through which Satan his influence in your life. Declare war on the stronghold by substituting physical biblical truth, claiming the mind of Christ, using spiritual weapons, praying for the holy spirit's power and guidance, requesting others prayers and support, boldly making God's truth clear, and claiming the victory by faith
- We can trust in God to save us from Satan's power because Jesus defeated Satan with the resurrection, Bible prophecy, and the Holy Spirit
- Scriptures shows us that demonic activity will increase as we approach Christ Second Coming. We see the evidence in the world today with massive tragedies shootings and terrorist attacks. 2 Timothy 3:13
- In the last days, as evil and deception become more and more commonplace, christ-followers must rely even more on God's word. It is the only way to tell the true from the false
- Unknowingly, many people who are not followers of Jesus are under the control and influence of demons. They're not popular to admit in a sophisticated Society such as the United States, it is certainly true that the enemy is at work albeit covertly.
- 1 John 4:1-3 we can test the spirits so that we are not influenced by faults teaching or other evil: (1) they should acknowledge that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh, was crucified and resurrected (2) do they teach that Jesus is fully God and fully man?
- Jesus came to destroy Satan's work and, ultimately, Satan and his demons themselves. All those Satan is still the ruler of this world (see John 14:30 1 John 5:19) , he is already defeated because of Jesus' sacrifice. The Apostle John describe the eventual fate of Satan (and his demons with him) in Revelation 20:10. Satan's Doom is sealed
Psychological Warfare: The Battle for the Believer's Mind
Capture their minds, and their hearts and souls will follow.