I

Background

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Praying With Scripture

We have been taling about prayer in our current Bible Study and several of us thought that coming up with some prayers based on scripture for various topics would be a great thing to have on hand. We can of course use them ourselves, but also share them. I've started compling scripture in categories and wil use this as a base from which to write the prayers. I probably won't use all of the verses on the list, but it's a p;ace to start. As we finish our list of prayers, I'll publish them here on the blog.

Here is a PDF file of the full document.

A Sample of the document below:
Anxiety, Worry and Depression
  • Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
  • Trust in him at all times, O' people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us. Psalm 62:8
  • Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than day? Can anyone of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? Matthew 6:26-27
  • Cast all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you 1 Peter 5:7
  • Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30
Grief
  • Good people pass away; the godly often die before their time. But no one seems to care or wonder why. No one seems to understand that God is protecting them from the evil to come. For those who follow godly paths will rest in peace when they die. Isaiah 57:1-2
  • And the ransomed of the LORD shall return and come to Zion with singing; everlasting joy shall be upon their heads; they shall obtain gladness and joy, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away. Isaiah 35:10